University Of Canterbury Transcript

Student Records can provide you with your official academic transcript, write letters confirming details of your qualifications from UC, and complete qualification verifications for employment agencies and prospective employers.

Please note that the standard wait time on all transcript orders is 3-5 working days. Digital orders take a minimum of 24 hours to process.

Please note that a free digital transcript is only provided to students after graduation / conferral of qualification. If you require a digital copy of your transcript before you graduate / have your qualification conferred, you will need to order and pay for this online.

Academic transcript

Please allow 3 – 5 working days for your transcript order to be processed.

An official academic transcript is a complete record of every year that you have been enrolled at UC.

Transcripts are available in physical (paper) and digital formats. All digital transcripts are issued via the My eQuals platform.

Please note that orders for digital transcripts take a minimum of 24 hours to process.

All students who had a qualification conferred after 25 July 2018 will have been issued with a free digital copy of their transcript and testamur (qualification certificate) via My eQuals. If you have had a qualification conferred (i.e. you’ve graduated) since 25 July 2018 but you don’t have access to My eQuals, please contact the Student Records office at [email protected] or phone +64 3 369 3829 or +64 3 369 0382.

Students whose qualifications were conferred before 25 July 2018 or who have not yet graduated will need to order and pay for a digital copy of their transcript.

If you require a digital copy of your transcript please do not register independently in My eQuals; a registration link must be sent to you. If you have any questions about this, please get in touch with the Student Records office.

All students need to order and pay for physical copies of their transcripts. The order form can be found here.

An official transcript is different to the internal transcript that students can access via MyUC.

An official transcript will show:

  • Your full legal name and UC student ID number
  • The reason you were granted admission to UC (please note that this may include the year you were first eligible to attend University)
  • All courses and grades achieved whilst at UC; this includes failing grades for courses that you did not formally withdraw from
  • Qualifications completed
  • Qualifications awarded/conferred, and the date of conferral
  • Scholarships you have been awarded via the University Scholarships Office* 
  • Credits transferred from another institution**

An official transcript will not show:

  • GPA values / calculations
  • Most notes that appear on your internal record
  • Courses from which you formally withdrew (these show as ‘WD’ or ‘WDFR’ in MyUC).

*Scholarships awarded by Departments/Schools or external institutions will not be shown on your official transcript.

**This will show a summary of the points you have been granted towards your qualification at UC. Some professional organisations/prospective employers may also require you to provide an official transcript from the “source” institution of the credit; this is not something that UC can provide.