Signing up to the bank is a simple process that requires no documents, and carries no charge.
To open an account, you need a South African ID number and a South African cellphone number, which the bank verifies through several questions and a One-Time PIN (OTP).
When registering, the group will ask you to verify your identity through questions like asking you to identify your name from a list of names, and others hinging off your information that is available from credit providers (“Is X amount of rand your average payment on your Edgars account?”), or other registries.
Tyme Bank Deposit
You can deposit cash at any Pick n Pay or Boxer till point for a small fee, using a TymeCode. We don’t accept cheque deposits.
To deposit cash using a TymeCode on your SmartApp, follow these easy steps:
1. Login to your SmartApp
2. Select ‘Cash’ from the menu, followed by ‘Deposit’
3. Enter your deposit amount
4. Generate your TymeCode and give it to the cashier along with your cash
To withdraw cash using a TymeCode via Internet Banking, follow these easy steps:
1. Go to the TymeBank website at www.tymebank.co.za
2. Select ‘Login’ on the top right of your screen
3. When you get to the login page, select the ‘Transact’ option. Then select ‘Withdraw and deposit cash’ followed by ‘Cash deposit’
4. Enter your deposit amount
5. Generate your TymeCode and give it to the cashier along with your cash