Standard Chartered Prime Now, The Standard Chartered and Amazon Prime Now 2018/2019 Promotion (“Promotion“) is available from 6 August 2018 to 31 January 2019 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period“). Subject to Clause 2 and 3 below, the Promotion is open to all eligible principal cardholders of Standard Chartered CreditCards (“Cards”) issued by Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited (“Bank”) (such eligible cardholders to be hereinafter termed as “Eligible Cardholders”). By participating in the Promotion, the Eligible Cardholders agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Debit cards are not eligible for the Promotion.
- Eligible Cardholders whose Card accounts have been suspended, cancelled and/or terminated for any reason during the Promotion Period and till 28 February 2019 (date inclusive) are not eligible for the Promotion.
- Under the Promotion, an Eligible Cardholder can earn:
- a free Amazon Prime membership (“Membership”) worth S$2.99 per calendar month when payment for the Eligible Cardholder’s Membership is made using an Eligible Cardholder’s Card and/or
- up to 10% cashback (“Cashback”) on the Eligible Cardholder’s Singapore and International shopping cart transactions capped at S$10 per calendar month, made on the Amazon Singapore Prime Now mobile app (“Prime Now App”).
- The amount S$2.99 (equivalent to the price of a monthly Membership) and 10% cashback, capped at S$10 will be credited into the Eligible Cardholder’s Card through Cashback in the following calendar month after at least one Prime Now App transaction is made in the previous month.
- The Cashback will be credited into the eligible Cardholders’ Card account(s) by the 28th day of the next calendar month. To illustrate, any Cashback earned in August 2018 will be credited by 28 September 2018.
- The maximum 10% Cashback an Eligible Cardholder can earn is capped at S$10 per calendar month. This is regardless of how many Cards he/she uses or how many Prime Now App transactions he/she makes.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the maximum Cashback of S$10 an Eligible Cardholder can earn in a calendar month excludes the amount S$2.99 which is credited into the Eligible Cardholder’s Card through Cashback for the free Membership.
- Each Eligible Cardholder regardless of the number of principal or supplementary credit cards or Amazon Prime memberships he/she may hold, is entitled to the cashback of S$2.99 for one Membership if he/she meets Clause 4(a) above.
- Prime Now App transactions charged to the supplementary credit cards will be counted towards the calculation of cashback towards the eligible principal cardholder.
- Illustration of Cashback Crediting:
|Eligible Cardholder spends on 2 Cards (Card A and Card B)Card A: Spent S$2.99 on Membership and S$40 on Prime Now AppCard B: Spent S$2.99 on Membership and S$80 on Prime Now App||S$2.99 on Membership and S$4 (10% of S$40) Cashback will be credited to Card A.Card B will not earn the S$2.99 on Membership as we have already credited it to Card A for this customer and Membership is capped at per customer. S$80 transaction spend will give customer S$8 (10% of S$80) Cashback and with the cap of S$10 Cashback per calendar month, S$6 Cashback will be credited to Card B.Total Cashback earned by Eligible Cardholder is S$12.99 in the next calendar month.|
|Eligible Cardholder spent S$2.99 on Membership and S$120 on Prime Now App with Card A||Card A would have earned S$12 (10% of S$120) Cashback. However, as there is a cap of S$10 Cashback per calendar month, S$10 Cashback will be credited to Card A.Eligible Cardholder is eligible for S$2.99 (one month’s worth of Amazon Prime membership).Total Cashback earned by Eligible Cardholder is S$12.99 in the next calendar month.|
|Eligible Cardholder spent S$120 on Prime Now App with Card A only||Card A would have earned S$12 (10% of S$120) Cashback. However, as there is a cap of S$10 Cashback per calendar month, S$10 Cashback will be credited to Card A.Total Cashback earned by Eligible Cardholder is S$10 in the next calendar month.|
- The Cashback is strictly non-transferable and non-exchangeable (for cash or credit or otherwise).
- The Bank is not responsible for any failure or delay in the transmission of any transaction by any party, including but not limited to Prime Now App, acquiring merchants, merchant establishments, or any telecommunication provider.
- The Bank reserves the right to vary, modify, add or delete any of these terms and conditions, including terminating, shortening, extending or withdrawing the Promotion and/or substituting the Cashback with any other item (which may or may not be of equivalent or similar value), without prior notice or reason.
- In the event the Bank has determined that an Eligible Cardholder has irregularly or wrongly credited any Cashback from the Bank, or where the Bank has knowledge of subsequent events which would mean that the Eligible Cardholder would not have been entitled to be credited the Cashback (including but not limited to where the charges used for this Promotion were reversed or refunded), the Bank reserves the right to claw back the Cashback or to deduct the value of the Cashback (or such other amount as it deems fit) from the Eligible Cardholder’s account(s) with the Bank.
- The Bank reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion the eligibility of a Cardholder for the Promotion. The Bank’s decision in all matters arising out of or in connection with the Promotion is final and conclusive and no correspondence will be entertained.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any brochures, marketing or promotional materials relating to the Promotion, these terms and conditions shall, to the extent of such inconsistency, prevail.
- The Promotion is to be read in conjunction with our Customer Terms, Credit Card Terms, Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card Terms & Conditions, MANHATTAN CashBack Terms & Conditions, Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Promotion Terms & Conditions, Standard Chartered Priority Banking Visa Infinite Promotion Terms & Conditions, Spree Credit Card Terms & Conditions and any other specific Product Terms that may be relevant in connection with this Promotion (collectively, “Other Terms“). If there are any inconsistencies between these terms and the Other Terms, these terms prevail only to the extent of such inconsistencies. The meaning of key words printed in italicised fonts like this is explained in our Customer Terms.
- The Bank makes no warranty or representation as to the quality, merchantability or fitness for services bought and accepts no liability for the services provided by any merchant or service provider. Any dispute about the same must be resolved directly with the merchant or service provider.
- The Bank is not an agent of any merchant or service provider or vice versa.
- A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. Any dispute arising out of these terms and conditions shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore.
- All information is accurate at the time of publication.