Standard Chartered Online Banking Malaysia, Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad, the oldest bank in Malaysia, offers many financial products and services to individuals and corporates. The bank also offers Islamic banking solutions to cater to all of your financial needs.
Awards and Recognition
- Received six awards at the BENCHMARK Wealth Management Awards for the Affluent Banking Malaysia 2017 and the titles include the ‘Campaign of the Year’, ‘Best-in-class’, and ‘Outstanding Achiever’.
- Won the Top Financial Institution Partner Award in 2016 by the Credit Guarantee Corporation Malaysia.
- Received the RAM League Awards 2014 for the World’s First RMB Bond by a Mortgage Corporation.
List of Services
- Online Banking
- eStatements and eAdvices
- Bank with Confidence
- Standard Chartered Mobile
- SMS Banking
- Automated Banking Lobby
- Branch Banking
- Phone Banking
List of products
The following is the list of Standard Chartered products:
- Credit Cards: You can choose from the many kinds of credit cards that Standard Chartered offers – cashback, travel, and rewards cards.
- Accounts and Deposits: This bank offers different types of accounts:
- Savings Account: Standard Chartered has many savings accounts like JustOne Personal Savings Account, JustOne Priority Savings Account, Young Savers Account, Basic Savings Account, Basic Savings Account-i, Privilege Savings Account, and MyDream Account.
- Current Account: The bank’s various current accounts help you manage your fund by giving easy payment options for goods and services. There are different types of current account – JustOne Personal Current Account, JustOne Priority Current Account, Basic Current Account, and Basic Current Account-i. All of these are PIDM protected.
- Fixed Deposit Account: It is a risk-free deposit investment where your money invested increases over a selected period of time.
- Islamic Accounts: There are two types of Islamic accounts – Savings Account-i and Current Account-i. Both the accounts are Shariah-compliant and are open for non-Muslims and Muslims.
- Loan and mortgage: You can get personal loans, home loans, mortgage loans, and Islamic home financing schemes at competitive rates.
- Funds: Standard Chartered offers you many investment products like Bond Investments, Unit Trust, and market views on-the-go.
- Insurance: You get a chance to protect your family and assets with Standard Chartered’s comprehensive insurance protection plans. There are five different plans – protection, health, savings, retirement, and education.
Credit card Promotions
Enjoy up to 12% off on hotel bookings with your Standard Chartered credit card
Use promo code SCBMY12 to enjoy 12% discount on hotel bookings with a minimum spend of RM1,500. The participating cards are Priority Banking Visa Infinite credit card, Visa Infinite credit card, and WorldMiles World Mastercard credit card. The promotion is valid till 31 December 2018 and is applicable to room charges only. You must complete your bookings before 31 December 2018 and this is valid for stays till 31 March 2019.
Moreover, all the credit cardholders can use promo code SCBMY10 to get 10% discount with a minimum spend of RM400.
Branches Working Hours
The bank operates five days a week from 9.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m. It is closed on Saturday, Sunday as well as on public holidays.
No. 36, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250, Kuala Lumpur.
You can call at the following numbers in case you have queries:
- 24-hour Customer Care Hotline: 1300 888 888 (within Malaysia) and 603 7711 8888 (overseas).
- Credit Card Hotline Services: 1300 888 888/(603) 7711 8888 (24/7 Customer Service Number).
- Call the Lost or Stolen Emergency Service Hotline at 1800 88 8998/(603) 7849 6888.
You can email the 24-Hour Customer Service at: email@example.com
Q. What are the features and benefits of the Privilege Savings Account?
A. The Privilege Savings Account has the following features and benefits:
- The account offers fee waiver for withdrawals at many MEPS ATMs and over 360 HOUSe ATMs nationwide.
- It facilitates free interbank GIRO fund transfers through Standard Chartered online banking.
- You can access your monthly e-statements along with online banking transactions.
- The Standard Chartered Mobile Banking app allows you to do banking on the go.
Q. What is the Mastersweep facility?
A. The Mastersweep facility sweeps off cash automatically from your linked Savings Account with Standard Chartered if you have insufficient balance in your chequing account.
Q. What is the minimum deposit amount for a fixed deposit account?
A. The minimum deposit amount is RM5,000 for a period of thirty days and RM1,000 for tenures more than that.
Q. What are the Premature Upliftment Conditions?
A. The premature upliftment conditions are mentioned here:
- No interest will be paid for fixed deposits of one to three months’ time period.
- If the fixed deposit is uplifted before three months, then no interest will be paid.
- If you uplift your fixed deposit after the completion of three months, then an interest will be paid at ½ the contracted rate.
Q. What are the facilities that the Basic Savings Account-i offers?
A. This account offers the following to its customers:
- ATM card
- Phone Banking
- Internet Banking
- SMS Banking
Q. What are the documents required to get a Conventional Housing Loan?
A. You need to produce the following documents if you are applying for a housing loan:
- Last three months’ pay slips.
- Last three months bank statement.
- EPF Statement.
- Copy of Sales and Purchase Agreement.
- Photo copy of valuation report.
- NRIC copy.
Q. What are the features of an unit trust?
A. Unit Trust has the following features;
- It allows you to choose from more than 100 different funds.
- The investment plans are customised keeping your ends in mind.
- Your investments are managed by experienced fund managers.
Q. When is the Sum Assured paid in PRUTerm?
A. The Sum Assured is paid in the event of death or total and permanent disability (TPD) before you turn 60 years.
Q. What are the key features of the Retirement Guard plan?
A. The key features of the Retirement Guard plan are:
- The plan provides coverage against death and TBD.
- The plan gives you long-term capital protection as well as guaranteed monthly income.
- You can get high returns from this plan if you participate in funds that are linked to this plan.
Q. What are the features of the Critical Illness Protection Plan?
A. The Critical Illness Protection Plan has the following features:
- The plan provides coverage against five major critical illnesses- cancer, stroke, heart attack, kidney failure, and coronary heart disease.
- The plan provides coverage to Standard Chartered customers who are aged between 18 and 59 years of age.
- This affordable plan is renewable till the age of 64 years.
- It offers a money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the policy.