Standard Chartered Graduate Program, We are one of the world’s most international banks, offering graduates opportunities across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Right from the start of the International Graduate Programme, you’ll dive into our global network with a five-week International Induction Programme (IIP). Our IIP is your chance to connect with more than 240+ IGs from the 24 countries that we recruit from.
The IG programme comprises of 8 business streams in Korea; aligned to our business banking areas. Each stream is focused on a unique part of the Bank, allowing you to select a business area based on your interests and help you develop both a holistic and specialist experience right from the start of your career.
Formal Internship Programme
The Formal Internship Programme is the Bank’s structured Internship programme and they typically take place during June – August. During the internship, interns will be exposed to the inner workings of our business to provide real work experience. All interns will be evaluated during the 10 week programme for final recruitment decisions as high performing interns will be eligible for placement in the Bank’s International Graduate Programme.
Find out more at our graduate site at www.sc.com/graduates
Openings in the following areas/functions:
- Global Banking
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets
- Transaction Banking
- Commercial Clients
- Retail Banking
- Wealth Management
- International Graduates are intended for applicants with an undergraduate degree with less than three years of work experience
- Formal Internships are limited to students in their penultimate year of study, who are available to start permanent employment the year after the internship
- Proficient in English and Korean language
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in Korea
- Applicants must have completed or be exempted from military service
- We do not accept individual applications or resumes via email
- Only one application per applicant is allowed
- We do not have a deadline but we look to close our vacancies before February
- Expected joining date as follows:
- – International Graduate Programme: September 2019
- – Formal Internship Programme: June 2019
Standard Chartered is a major player in transaction banking, combining deep local knowledge and global capability to offer the full scope of innovative, customised solutions in trade finance and cash management.
We have a unique business focus on enabling trade, investment and supply chain financing for, in and out from Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We aim to be a one-stop gateway providing supply chain and liquidity management for corporates and financial institutions. And we are committed to using our cross-border network to facilitate our local clients’ growing trade and investment flows and supply chain financing needs across our business footprint.
We are uniquely positioned in these trade corridors, supporting commodity flows from Africa to Asia and manufacturing flows in the other direction.
Transaction banking is an integral part of Corporates & Institutional Banking. As a top three global trade finance bank – we are a key driver of Corporates & Institutional Banking aspirations.
Our programme gives you exposure to smaller businesses and multinationals alike, offering ideas for cash flow improvement and capital optimisation. We will build your skills and knowledge through rotations, to add value and contribute to meeting the needs of our clients. The projects you work on will require your analytical skills, an ability to work independently and an instinct for trends and innovations. You will learn from the best, evolve professionally as well as personally, and build a firm foundation upon which to specialise later. Here are some experiences you could look forward to:
- Assist in developing sales strategy for clients and pitches for new products
- Learn about segments, industries and how client working capital cycles impact business
- Analyse research trends and current market conditions to contribute to launching new products to market
Your career progression
At the end of your 18-month programme, you’ll join a role within Transaction Banking. These could be in areas such as:
- Cash Management
- Securities Services
- Trade Services