Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited has been in operation since 1896, when it was known as the Bank of British West Africa. Today we are one of the leading banks in the country.
Standard Chartered – leading the way in Ghana
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 121 years in the country and is the oldest bank in the country.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
With a current network of 25 branches and 68 ATMs across the country, Standard Chartered offers exciting product propositions for clients as well as career opportunities for more than 1000 staff in Ghana.
It is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term in Ghana and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity.
Our purpose is to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise, Here for good.
Review of Operations
Corporate & Institutional Banking
- Standard Chartered Bank offers its corporate and institutional clients comprehensive banking solutions with particular emphasis on relationship banking.
- Corporate clients benefit from a full range of flexible financial propositions that address individual needs.
- Clients can access traditional as well as structured products in the areas of lending, trade finance, cash management and treasury. Customers also have access to cross-border payments, treasury services, transaction banking and custodial services – all supported by electronic funds transfer and cash management systems.
- Corporate & Institutional Banking provides innovative solutions to address the needs of valued customers. An extensive knowledge of international markets combined with a deep local insight puts the Bank in a unique position to provide quality advice and information on currencies, interest rates and risk management. The Bank has always been at the forefront of creative product offerings. Products offered include foreign exchange forwards and spots, high-yield deposits and foreign currency options. The Bank is an authorized Foreign Exchange Dealer of the Central Bank.
Points of Interest-Awards in the Last 5 Years
- Euro money Best Bank Award for 2003
- Ashanti Financial Services Award – 2003
- Gold – Overall Best Bank
- Gold – Export Finance
- Gold – Constructive Finance
- Bronze – Industrial Finance
- Ghana Banking Awards 2003
- Best Bank Product Innovation
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Ghana Banking Awards 2006
- Best Bank – Trade Finance
- Best Bank – Financial Performance
- The Bank Awards 2004
- Bank of the Year
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Ghana Awards 2006
- Bank of the Year
- Chartered Institute of Ghana Marketing Awards 2006
- Bank of the Year
- Euromoney Excellence Awards 2007
- Best Bank Ghana
Driving commerce and prosperity
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We’re listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.
Using our unique diversity
We make the most of our deep roots in rapidly developing Asian, African and Middle Eastern local markets to seek out opportunities at every turn. Placing a particular focus on supporting customers who trade, operate or invest across our footprint.
What sets us apart is our diversity – of people, cultures and networks. We use this to give you the best possible customer experience, whether you’re an individual looking for easy, fast and convenient banking services, or a multinational corporation with highly complex financing needs.
Supporting good growth
As the economies in our core markets grow, so does the need for sophisticated financial services. We believe it’s crucial to help our customers adhere to global standards of conduct and compliance. Wherever we operate, we aim to support sustainable economic and social development. We do this through our core business of banking, ensuring a strong conduct framework, investing in our people and working with local partners to deliver community programmes.
Promoting an inclusive culture
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Talk to Us
At Standard Chartered, we are committed to make banking a pleasant experience. As such we always welcome your enquiries, feedback and suggestions.
Call us on +233 302 740100.