Paula O’Brien is a Principal Lecturer in the Lincoln International Business School My doctoral research is on the internationalisation of UK Higher Education (HE) and draws attention to 2 key areas: the experiences of international students. and their identity work during a study abroad. This research continues to contribute to curriculum design, the transferrable skills and knowledge of students, raising the importance of cross cultural issues in inclusive environments.
Prior to undertaking my doctoral research I have extensive experience in the delivery of international MBA programmes specialising in managing people in Hong Kong, Zambia and Oman. I possess professional experience advising SME’s on training and recruitment.
I have more recently undertaken a lead role for Student Engagement Champions across the College and contributed to research on Student Engagement.
I am currently an active member of the Self Assessment team for the Racial Equality Charter at the University of Lincoln working across disciplines and colleges
College Student Engagement Lead role at the Lincoln International Business School Former Programme Leader for BA Business and Management, BA Business Studies, Business and Advertising, Business and PR, Business and Marketing Personal Tutor Dissertation Supervisor (undergraduate and postgraduate) Module Co-ordinator for Managing Diversity, Cross Cultural Management, Contemporary Issues in Management Executive Development Human Resource Management Residentials [for part-time and full-time students
Identity work and the international student experience, diversity and cross cultural management
- Doctorate in Education – Nottingham University 2016
- ESRC Management Teaching Fellowship – ESRC at Loughborough University 1990
- MSc Econ in Industrial Relations and Management Studies – Cardiff University 1987
- BSc Econ in Sociology and Psychology – Swansea University 1985
- VC Award in Teaching Excellence – Vice Chancellor University of Lincoln 2018
- Individual Merit Award for Student Engagement – Vice Chancellor University of Lincoln 2017
- Team Merit Award for Business Mentoring programme – Vice Chancellor University of Lincoln 2010
- Individual Merit Award for Best Programme Leader – Vice Chancellor University of Lincoln & SU 2010
External Examiner at Nottingham Trent University [partner college] Subject Interest Group for RAISE: Diversity and Inclusion European First Year Experience network CIPD – informing professional practice RAISE SIG lead role ‘Engaging Assessment’ TSEP lead research role for Inclusive Student Engagement Project NEON –