The Old Mutual Education Trust (OMET) was founded in April 2005 by Old Mutual as part of a BBBEE transaction with 10 unions with whom Old Mutual has a business relationship.
The scholarship is open to all participating union members and their dependents. This allows for the pursuit of any tertiary qualification at one of South Africa’s public higher education institutions.
OMET also supports the personal, academic and professional success of their students by providing: computers, tutoring, access to counseling services and preparation for the world of work.
What does the scholarship offer?
- Graduates’ transition into OMET’s Alumni programme where they continue as mentors and motivators to current students
- They will get partial funding (R65 000 in 2020)
- Access to tutoring support
- Computers to 1st year entrants into the programme
- A holistic student support programme focused on academic success, psychological/ emotional well-being and preparation for the world of work
- A peer buddy support system by senior students for 1st year students
- A full mentorship programme for final year students delivered by OMET Alumni
Why apply for Old Mutual Education Trust
The trust is aimed at supporting our staff member or their families with a chance to study further.
Get mentorship from Old Mutual staff and scholarship alumni.
Support services ensure personal, academic and professional success of scholarship holders.
You can do anything
The scholarship will fund any choice of study and for any University that you choose in South Africa.