Maybank Wealth Management, a unit trust is a pool of money managed collectively by professional fund managers.
Through buying units into the trust, your money will be pooled with that of other investors and invested according to the unit trust’s objectives. Maybank offers you a wide range of Unit Trust funds that invest in various asset classes:
- Money Market
- Fixed Incomes
- Commodities (ie. Precious Metal, Iron, Ore & etc)
example, if you invest in an Asia Equity fund, the fund manager will
invest your money by tapping into equities investment opportunities
Benefits of Unit Trust Investment
- Professional management by reputable fund manager
- Diversification for your investment portfolio
- Tap into faraway markets
- Economies of scale
Ways to Invest
Lump sum Investment
Make a one-time investment on a fund and take immediate advantage of the underlying market.
Regular Saving Plan (RSP) Investment
Unit Trust Regular Saving Plan can Help You on Your Investment Journey
Make regular investments from as low as RM100* a month and even out market risks in the long run. *Varies with different funds
Low initial investment of RM1,000
Stop an investment plan without penalty charges
Decide how much you want to invest each month
Monthly investment sum will be deducted automatically
EPF Members Investment Scheme
A plan that allows you to withdraw your EPF savings to invest in EPF-approved Unit Trust funds.
Maybank2u Online Unit Trust Services
You can now open Unit Trust Investment Account and manage your Unit Trust investment immediately anywhere, anytime from the comfort of your home, office or while you’re on the go via Maybank2u.
Click here for more details on Maybank2u Online Unit Trust Services.
Products that are commonly used as a portfolio enhancement tool to increase returns while limiting the risk of capital loss.
The strength of a structured product lies in its flexibility and tailored approach to investing. In their simplest form, structured products offer investors full or partial capital protection coupled with potential return based on the performance of any underlying security or combinations of securities. They are commonly used as a portfolio enhancement tool to increase returns while limiting the risk of capital loss.
Structured products can be extensively customized to meet a specific investor’s risk/return profile and investment objectives. These objectives may include capital protection, diversification, yield enhancement, leverage, regular income, tax/regulation optimization, and access to non-traditional asset classes, among others.
Dual Currency Linked Investment
Dual Currency Linked Investment (DCI) is a short term non-principal protected currency linked structured investment which offers opportunities for yield enhancement.
RM50,000 or its equivalent in foreign currency
- Offer enhanced interest rate (as high as double digits)
- A short tenure investment (1 week to 2 months)
- Choice of various currency pairing is available
- At maturity, the redemption can be in Base Currency or Alternate Currency
- Customisable (you can choose the currency pair, tenure, strike rate and interest rate depending on your investment needs and risk appetite)
- Non-principal protected
- High potential returns, short investment tenure
- No fees and no hidden charges
- Diversification on your investment portfolio
DCI is suitable for eligible investors who
- seek higher potential return than fixed deposit
- are willing to accept either Base Currency or Alternate Currency at maturity
- have requirement for alternate / foreign currency
- DCI may only be offered to eligible investors falling under the definition of “accredited investors”, “high net worth entity, or high net worth individual” in Schedule 6 of the Capital Market and Services Act 2007.
- Investors must maintain a Multi Foreign Currency Account (MFCA) with Maybank.
How does it work?
The illustration below is based on an investment amount of MYR1,000,000 and a duration of 1 month.
Current spot rate of AUDMYR is 3.0300. Mr A holds a conservative view that AUDMYR will move within range of 3.0000 to 3.1000 and he prefers to buy AUD at a cheaper rate, hence he chooses a Strike Rate of 3.0150 which is below current spot rate of 3.0300. He decides to invest MYR1,000,000 to enjoy higher returns. He does not mind holding AUD as his daughter is currently studying in Australia and does not need these funds for another month, so, he chooses an investment tenure of 1 month. The yield quoted to Mr. A based on the currency, strike rate and tenure that he chose is 7% p.a.
Based on the above example, here are 2 possible scenarios:
The above examples are for illustrative purposes only and are not indicative of future performance.
Bull Equity-Linked Investment Note (ELIN)
A yield-enhancement product that offers you opportunities in a range-bound market.
*However, for individuals with net personal assets exceeding RM3 million or its equivalent in foreign currencies, or non-individuals with net assets exceeding RM10 million or its equivalent in foreign currencies, an investment amount of RM50,000 can be accepted.
Up to 20% p.a**
**Potential yield depends on underlying and market conditions
14 days or 30 days***
***For tenure outside this range, please contact us
Selected stocks listed on regional stock exchanges
- An investment product tied to the performance of a stock.
- A short-term investment with tenure ranging from a minimum of 1 month to 9 months#.
- The ability to buy stocks at a discount to the current market price.
- The exposure to regional blue-chip companies listed in Asia.
*Potential yield depends on underlying and market conditions. #For tenure outside this range, please contact us.
For investors who believe that the stock prices will move in a narrow range and would like to profit from the anticipated performance of the stocks in such market.
Mode of placement
Over the counter. Please contact your relationship banker/broker/dealer.
For enquiries, please contact us at +603-2297 8626
THE RETURNS ON THIS INVESTMENT WILL BE AFFECTED BY THE PERFORMANCE OF THE UNDERLYING ASSET/REFERENCE, AND THE RECOVERY OF YOUR PRINCIPAL INVESTMENT MAY BE JEOPARDISED IF YOU MAKE AN EARLY REDEMPTION.