Maybank Savings Account, Compare and find the best savings account for you.
Kawanku Savings Account
Savings at your convenience
- MINIMUM DEPOSIT RM50 to RM250 *RM 50 (with letter of employment) / *RM 250 (individual, joint & minor accounts)
- MINIMUM BALANCE TO MAINTAIN RM1
An interest bearing account with the option of a savings passbook or ATM card
With this account, you get:
- High split-tiered interest rates, calculated daily basis and credited half-yearly in June and December
- Various account management options: over the counter, ATM and Debit Card, Maybank2u.com, M2U Mobile and Kawanku Phone Banking.
- Eligibility for protection from PIDM*.
- Cashless shopping with Maybankard Debit.
Click here for PIDM brochure
How to Apply
Individuals, clubs / societies, associations and joint account (up to 4 person)
Visit a Maybank branch near you with your primary document.
Required Primary Documents:
Original Identity Card (IC) for Malaysians and Passports for foreigners. For passport, other supporting documents that may be required are valid working/student permit, valid visa, letter of confirmation from Employer/Education Institutions (whichever is relevant) Apply now at www.maybank2u.com.my
What interest rates can you expect?
|Savings Band||Interest rates (% p.a.)|
|Above RM1,000 to RM10,000||0.30|
|Above RM10,000 to RM25,000||0.35|
|Above RM25,000 to RM50,000||0.40|
|Above RM50,000 to RM100,000||0.65|
|Above RM100,000 to RM200,000||1.10|
|Above RM200,000 to RM500,000||1.15|
|Subsequent balances above RM500,000||1.20|