The Library buys print books and ebooks to support Massey’s learning, teaching, and research needs. Wherever possible or appropriate ebooks are preferred over those in print.
Staff and students have access to both types of books.
Search Discover to:
- find books owned by the Library
- see the location of a print book, and whether it is available for borrowing
- read an ebook online, or to download a copy
Use Discover to search for Library books and ebooks now:
You can limit your search to print or ebooks only:
- Carry out your search for books in Discover (e.g. “design thinking”)
- Use the check boxes in the Refine Results panel (on the left of the screen) to limit your search to eBooks Only or Print Books O
More about Books and Ebooks at the Library
How do I:
- Find a specific book?
- Find books on my topic?
- Find set textbooks and recommended readings?
- Find ebooks?
- Download and use ebooks?
Is your book unavailable at the Library?
- Search BONUS+ to see if you can borrow a copy for free from one of our Australian partner libraries. Learn more about BONUS+
- Try Google Books – search across the full-text of many books.
How Do I Find Compulsory and Recommended Textbooks?
Students are expected to purchase compulsory textbooks. The Library purchases limited copies of compulsory textbooks and cannot guarantee that a copy will be available to borrow.
- If you know the title of your textbook see How do I find a specific book?
- If you don’t have a title and want to find out what textbooks are compulsory or recommended for your course, enter the course number into Discover, for example, 139.105
Hint: Don’t know the course number? Use Course Search
- Once you have done your search, you will see a list of items for your course. Examination papers are usually at the top of the list; scroll down past these to see the compulsory and recommended textbooks.
- Textbooks may be in the short loan collection. Find out more about short loans