Bond University Off Campus Accommodation

A wide range of rental accommodation is available off-campus in residential areas surrounding Bond University. Options include houses or apartments on a single or shared basis.

Check out the Off-Campus Accommodation Guide to assist in finding the perfect rental property for your situation.

Please note Bond University is in no way affiliated with any of the providers listed. This advice is provided to assist our student body with locating suitable accommodation. Any lease entered into, is independent of the University.

For students considering off-campus accommodation, you may be interested in:

  • Various off-campus accommodation options
  • Suburb guide
  • Getting around
  • Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA)

What is a rental bond or security deposit?

The RTA website states a rental bond / security deposit is money paid by the tenant at the start of a tenancy agreement. It is used as financial protection for the lessor in case the tenant breaches the terms of the agreement. It is not rent and is usually paid in advance. The money is a safeguard for the lessor who can claim the money if the tenant costs them money by damaging their premises, breaching the contract or owing rent. 

What a things to consider when looking for off-campus accommodation?

Things to consider and research when looking for off-campus accommodation include;

  • Location (proximity to campus, food outlets, shopping centres, public transport etc)
  • Rental and other possible costs (rent, transportation, parking, and/or property maintenance costs)
  • Parking availability (if you have a vehicle)
  • Pet friendly (if you have pets)
  • Security

What is the cost of living?

The cost of living varies however you may like to use Expatistan’s Cost of Living Gold Coast as a guide.

What do I need to know if I’m sharing accommodation or a co-tenant?

The RTA lists some useful information about share accommodation and co-tenancies which we recommend you familiarise yourself with before signing your tenancy agreement.

What can I do if I encounter problems with the landlord, real estate agency or flat mates?

You can contact the Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) – Queensland’s state government statutory body which provides tenancy information and support as well as dispute resolution and more.However it is always advised that students understand their rights and responsibilities and agree with all the terms outlined in their lease agreement before signing.