Te Ara Poutama, the Faculty of Māori & Indigenous Development, aspires to lead AUT as a faculty of excellence and innovation in teaching, research and scholarship relevant to the communities we serve.
Our qualifications are at the cutting edge and have been developed in response to the need for skilled Māori professionals in the fast-growing Māori sectors of business and media.
Our range of courses give students the tools not only to succeed in Māori development, language revitalisation, Māori media and te reo Māori (the Māori language), but also in leadership, innovation and technology.
Our qualifications are flexible; they can be tailored to meet your needs. Importantly, we celebrate the values and contribution of all peoples to the future advancement of Aotearoa.
Takakawehia te ara poutama, kia whakareia koe ki ngā tohu o te mātauranga.
Traverse pathways of learning to acquire knowledge and wisdom.
Our goal is to:
- Promote Māori language and culture as relevant in local, national and global environments
- Produce graduates who are culturally confident, competent and credible
- Provide a portfolio of qualifications consistent with best-practice teaching, curriculum and research that meets the needs of our students and our communities
- Offer an environment which is intellectually robust and physically, socially and culturally safe
- Demonstrate integrity, openness, commitment, passion, pride, professionalism, ambition and
innovation in all our activities
- Act as an informed critic and conscience for the communities we serve
- Produce quality research and scholarship for the communities we serve
- Provide a safe environment to celebrate being Māori.
Schools in this faculty
We believe in high-quality research that has impact, and have world-class researchers and research strengths:
Phone +64 9 921 9999 ext 6600
WB building (level 3)
Wellesley Street East