ASB Bank Limited, established in 1847, is the first savings bank in the country. It became the first New Zealand bank to operate an online real-time computer system in 1969. Today, it is one of the largest providers of financial and insurance services with approximately 130 branches and 340 ATMs nationwide. It offers various retail and business banking products including personal and home loans, auto loans, business loans, debit and credit cards, deposits, online and mobile banking, private banking as well as investment and insurance products.
The company serves more than 1.3 million personal, business, rural, and share trading customers and employs approximately 4,900 people. ASB Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Commonwealth Bank of Australia. Commonwealth bought the 75% of ASB’s shares in 1989.
As of September 30, 2016, ASB had total assets of NZ$84.735 billion and customer deposits of NZ$54.569 billion. For the fourth consecutive year, ASB named New Zealand Bank of the Year by The Banker.
ASB Bank Service
- ASB Group companies:
- ASB Bank Limited – One of the leading commercial banks in New Zealand.
- ASB Securities Limited – A full service share broking company.
- ASB Group Investments Limited – A leader in the field of retirement savings and investments.
- BankDirect, a division of ASB Bank, provides services via phone, Internet, EFTPOS and ATMs.
- Sovereign Services Limited – One of the leading life and health insurers.
ASB Bank Contact
- Head office address:
Level 2, ASB North Wharf
12 Jellicoe Street, Auckland Central
Auckland 1010, New Zealand
- Phone number: 0800 803 804
Overseas call: +64 9 306 3000
- Website: www.asb.co.nz
ASB Bank Mobile Banking
To make your mobile banking simpler and easier than ever, ASB’s Mobile app is loaded with smart features. Whether it’s quick access to balances, paying for that latest Trade Me purchase or temporarily locking your Visa card when you’ve misplaced your wallet, ASB’s Mobile app has it all. Great features include:
Opening and applying
• Open a transaction or savings account
• Apply for an ASB Personal Loan, or Home Loan
• Join or transfer to the ASB KiwiSaver Scheme
• View upcoming bill and automatic payments
• Create, edit and delete automatic payments
• Create and delete future dated one off payments (bill payments)
• Pay for online purchases at participating merchants
• Pay to an account, saved person or company, email, mobile number or Trade Me won items
• Manage Payees
• Google Pay
• Transfer money directly to your ASB KiwiSaver Scheme or ASB Investment fund
• Apply for an ASB Visa credit card or Visa debit card
• Change your credit card type
• Apply for a credit card balance transfer
• Manage your cards including loading your card PIN, temporarily lock your card if you lose it, turn off ATM withdrawals and set spending limits
• Cancel or replace your Visa credit card
Personalise your app
• Switch between a light or dark appearance for your app
• Rename your accounts
• Choose account images to help easily identify them
Managing your accounts
• Check the balances of your accounts and transfer between them instantly
• View account transaction history for up to three months
• Quick Balance to view up to three designated account balances without logging in or on your Android Wear device
• Set your default account for payments
• Pay off your home, personal or business loan faster with a one off payment
• Get real-time notifications about your account and other banking related activity
• View your ASB KiwiSaver Scheme account details
• Manage Clever Kash, ASB’s cashless moneybox
• ATM & Branch locator
• View Foreign Exchange rates
• Access ASB Help FAQs
• Reset your ASB Login Password
• Optional 5-digit Pin or biometrics access to login faster
• De-register your device
• Choose to stay logged in when switching between apps
To use the ASB Mobile app, you need to be registered for FastNet Classic (ASB internet banking). Please call 0800 MOB BANK (0800 662 226) to register. It’s free to use the ASB Mobile app, but your usual data costs and standard FastNet Classic transaction and service charges will apply.
Give us your feedback via the ASB Mobile app under the Contact Us menu.
The ASB Mobile app supports tablet and Android Wear devices. Please note that some functions may not work correctly if your device language is set for a language other than English. Some functions may not work correctly if your device region is set for a region other than New Zealand. We recommend you always update your device to the latest operating system. Downloading of this app is subject to the ASB Mobile Banking Terms & Conditions: www.asb.co.nz/termsandconditions.
We will automatically disable Android Fingerprint for ASB Mobile, if the fingerprint/s stored on your device are changed.
ASB Mobile requires the below permissions on your device and will only access this information if you use one of the below features:
– GPS location data: This is used for the Branch & ATM Finder map functionality
– Identify phone call status: This is used as we have a function allowing customers to call ASB from the app and to make sure the app works on incoming calls.
– Read contact data of all my personal contacts: We require this permission to enable users to select cell phone numbers and email addresses from their contact list for the Pay to Mobile/Email function.
– Get accounts: This is used for sending push notifications
– Bluetooth: This is only used for Clever Kash (a cashless moneybox for kids)
– Storage permission: This is to allow you to share screen shots of payment confirmation pages if you wish.
ASB Bank Swift Code
Swift Code is a standard format of Bank Identifier Codes (BIC) and it is unique identification code for a particular bank. These codes are used when transferring money between banks, particularly for international wire transfers. Banks also used the codes for exchanging other messages between them.