African Bank Owners
South African based, African Bank Limited is a retail bank that offers financial products and services to residents of South Africa. The Bank is licensed as a “locally-controlled bank” by the South African Reserve Bank (‘SARB’) .
Headquartered in Midrand, South Africa, the bank has a countrywide branch distribution network in addition to digital, direct marketing & contact centre, sales and service channels.
African Bank’s mission is to be a successful retail bank, which offers a wide range of products and services to consumers of South Africa, including unsecured loans, transactional banking and saving and investments.
The Bank is a 100% subsidiary of African Bank Holdings Limited
The South African Reserve Bank, the Government Employee Pension Fund and six of the large South African banks are shareholders of the group.
Leadership as of March 2018
- Basani Maluleke – CEO
- Gustav Raubenheimer – CFO
- Gavin Jones – Group Executive: Funding and Liability management, Treasury
- Lindiwe Miyambu – Group Executive: Human Capital
- Piet Swanepoel – Chief Risk Officer
- George Roussos- Group Executive: Digital & Transactional Banking
- Vere Millican – Group Executive: Credit
- Mellony Ramalho – Group Executive: Sales, Branch Network
- Serge Mosime – Group Executive: Sales, Credit Direct